The team sports, after school activities and Physical Education classes at Blaine are designed to enrich each student’s physical and mental experience. For more information on these activities, please email Mr. Sikes or leave a message in Mr. Sikes’ mailbox, in the main office.
When students join a sports team, they will be required to turn in a completed, signed, Parental Consent Form to Mr. Sikes.
After school athletics are available for middle school students grades 5-8.
All students will meet in the gym at dismissal time. If a student has not filled out a permission slip, they will not be able to participate until one is turned in. Please ensure that the student athletes bring appropriate clothing and footwear for try-outs/practices to ensure their safety. Student fees or the waiver process must be started to be eligible for the fall sports season.
Visit We Got Game to view and subscribe to the sports calendars.
All athletes must register for the team through TeamSide Sports prior to the start of the season.
- Girls 5th/6th Volleyball
- Girls 7th/8th Volleyball
- Boys 5th/6th Soccer
- Boys 7th/8th Soccer
- 5th/6th Flag Football
- 7th/8th Flag Football
- Boys Volleyball
- Boys Basketball
- 5th/6th Practice: Mondays 3:00 – 4:30; Wednesdays 4:30 – 6:00
- 7th/8th Practice: Mondays 4:30 – 6:00; Wednesdays 3:00 – 4:30
- Girls Basketball
- 5th/6th Practice: Tuesdays 4:30 – 6:00; Thursdays 3:00 – 4:30
- 7th/8th Practice: Tuesdays 3:00 – 4:30; Thursdays 3:00 – 4:30
- Track & Field (Co-ed)
- Girls Soccer
General Athletics Information
We encouraged all of the boys and girls who tried out for the team to find ways to play this winter, spring, summer and/or fall. By trying out for the team, your sons/daughter showed an interest in the sport; the best way they can improve their basketball skills and you can nurture their love of the game is to find times and places to practice and play.
Physical Education Classes – During School
Our Physical Education classes emphasize wellness, fitness, and team-building skills.
Students in pre-K-3rd Grade will refine skills in these areas:
- Body awareness (body parts and shapes)
- Spatial awareness (moving through space by self and with others; moving in different directions)
- Effort (moving with variations in force, speed and smoothness/control)
- Relationships (with self and objects; to partners; to groups)
- Jumping and landing (with jump ropes; from different heights, for distances)
- Rolling, balance, and weight transfer
- Chasing, fleeing, dodging (skills used in tag and other group games)
- Dribbling with the hands
- Kicking and punting
- Throwing and catching
- Striking with short- and long-handled implements
- Fitness (heart health)
These activities are implemented through games, dance and rhythms, and educational gymnastics.
For students in 4th-8th Grade, we will combine the basic skills and concepts on this page with more advanced, dynamic activities. Once again, these will be centered on games, dance and rhythms, and educational gymnastics. Our focus will be on students’ success and learning, rather than winning and competition.