Contact Information for the School Counselors
Amanda Cleves, email click here
- Counselor and Case Manager
- Facilitates Monday’s counseling period for all 8th grade students (11a.m.-1p.m.)
- At Blaine daily
Erin Sachse, email click here
- Middle School Counselor
- Facilitates Tuesday’s counseling period for all 8th grade students (11a.m.-1p.m.)
- At Blaine on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- If you need records for applications (transcript, report cards, etc.), please e-mail a request to Ms. Sachse and Ms. Cleves (please put both names on the e-mail). We will respond via e-mail when the transcripts are ready for pick up.
- We prefer that all applications are submitted online so that we are able to track submitted applications.
- If your child needs a recommendation form filled out by a teacher, counselor, or administrator, please allow a one week-turnaround.
- If you would like to meet with either counselor (with or without your child), please make an appointment. We are happy to help with any application questions. If a phone conference is a better option, we can schedule a time to talk.
- The CPS High School Guide will be released sometime in the beginning of October. As soon as we have a release date, a parent meeting with be scheduled for 6p.m. on either a Tuesday or a Thursday. Stayed tuned for the date!
- Selective Prep Testing is offering classes starting October 8th at Blaine. The weekly classes run from 3:15-5:15pm and are designed for 8th grade students who are preparing to take the Selective Enrollment Entrance Exam. Parents can sign up directly with Selective Prep at http://selectiveprep.com. The cost of the program is $425.00. It runs for eight sessions and the complete schedule is on the website.
- Selective Prep will be also offering a 14-hour program to prepare 7th grade students to take the standardized test. Dates will be released in the beginning of October on their website.
- We are teaming with Bell Elementary for the high school fair this year. Information on the date/time as well as list of attending high schools will be available within the next few weeks.
- Charter Schools: www.cps.edu/Schools/High_schools/Pages/Charter.aspx
- Choose Your Future (College and Career Academies): www.chooseyourfuture.org/college-and-career-academies
- CPS Office of Access and Enrollment (information about Selective Enrollment, military academies, IB programs, magnet schools and Option for Knowledge guide; Point Calculation Tool): www.cpsoae.org
- Interactive CPS High School Guide http://www.cpsoae.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=189321&type=d&termREC_ID=&pREC_ID=411390&hideMenu=0
- CPS Promotion Policy: www.cps.edu/Pages/Gettingtothenextgrade.aspx
- Chicago School GPS (information on Chicago high schools): http://www.chischoolgps.com/
- College & Career Planning: www.whatsnextillinois.org
- International Baccalaureate Programs: http://cpsmagnet.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=87448&type=d&termREC_I…
- Military Academies and JROTC: www.chicagojrotc.com
- Pin Number Application: apply.cps.edu
- School Locator (to find your neighborhood high school):http://www.cps.edu/Schools/Find_a_school/Pages/schoollocator.aspx