Part of what makes Blaine such a strong community is the consistent level of participation of parents and volunteers. There are many ways to get involved at Blaine, such as joining a parent group or a board.
Below are descriptions of the various parent groups and boards, along with a helpful chart to explain Friends of Blaine (FOB), Parent Teacher Association (PTA), Local School Council (LSC) and the Blaine Elementary Kindergarten Fund. Click here to see chart (pdf).
- Members of this board include: six parents, two teachers, two community members, a career services member, and the school principal.
- Terms: Two years
- Elections: In April
- All meetings will be held in the school auditorium and start at 6:15 pm unless otherwise noted.
- Members of this board include three to nine board members, including president, vice president(s), treasurer and secretary.
- Terms: Two years
- Elections: Held during first week of May
- For more information, visit FOB at: www.friendsofblaine.org
- Members of this board include: president(s), vice president(s), membership coordinator, treasurer, legislation coordinator(s), recording secretary and communication secretary.
- Terms: All officers serve their terms for one year.
- Elections: Officers are elected to the executive board annually at a PTA General Meeting announced before end of May.
- Official duties commence on the day of election.
- A person cannot serve more than two consecutive terms in the same office.
- In order to be eligible for president, the nominee must have previously served in some capacity on the PTA board.
- For more information, visit PTA at: http://blainepta.weebly.com/
- Members of this board include: president, vice president, and secretary.
- Elections: At the beginning of every school year.
- Si desea hablar con un representante que hable español, por favor contacte: Bilingual Committee, Oficina Principal.